GAP Insurance (RTI) is arranged by: LawShield UK Ltd with UK General Insurance Limited on behalf of Ageas Insurance Limited. It protects you from the gap between the actual cash value of a vehicle and the balance still owed on the finance. If your vehicle is written off, Combination GAP Insurance (RTI) will help to buy a replacement vehicle of similar value by paying the difference between the insured value of your vehicle and:
- the purchase price of your vehicle as confirmed by the net invoice for its purchase; or
- the amount of your finance arrangement early settlement figure, if greater.
Gap Insurance: What you need to know
Vehicle at the start date of the policy needs to:
- be less than 8 years old
- have been purchased within the last 105 days
- have a maximum purchase price of no more than £85,000 (including factory and dealer fitted accessories up to £1,500
- be insured under a comprehensive motor insurance policy
- have less than 80,000 miles on the clock
- be less than 3.5 tonnes, not a taxi and not used for hire and reward, courier use, competitions or rallies
How long does my Combination GAP contract run for?
Various policies are available for Combination GAP covering periods from 12 months up to a maximum period of 48 months, but will end earlier on/if:
- the date on which benefit is paid under this insurance cover
- the date on which you sell or otherwise dispose of the insured vehicle
- the date on which you cease to have a comprehensive motor insurance policy in place covering the insured vehicle
Contact us today!
For a bespoke insurance quote or for more information on the areas we cover, call us on:
- Commercial: 01282858285
- Personal: 01282858286
Or send your enquiry, we will get in touch as soon as possible.