Pubs & Restaurants


If you run a busy pub or restaurant and you’re dealing with the public, you need to have the right insurance in place to ensure your business and livelihood is protected.

Cover your Pub, Restaurant or Small Hotel

We arrange tailored insurance policies for pubs and restaurants throughout the UK, offering expert advice and guidance to ensure you’re protected from risk.

Sagar Insurances has access to leading insurers, giving us the tools we need to offer you a comprehensive policy that protects your business, premises, stock and equipment.

Specific cover is available for pubs, public houses (small unlicensed hotels with up to six rooms) and restaurants (small/medium sized restaurants with a capacity of up to 300 seats). You can cover up to a maximum of four different premises.

Sagar Insurances’ standard pubs and restaurants cover includes;

  • Cover for contents, stock, public/products liability and employer’s liability
  • 50% seasonal stock increase during November, December and the 30 days prior to Easter
  • Hotels cover is available for guest’s personal effects (£2,500 per guest)
  • All risks goods in transit cover of £2,500 with the option of extending cover to £10,000
  • £1,000 cover for damage to chilled and frozen food with the option of extending cover to £10,000
  • Public/products liability £2 million limit of indemnity with the option to reduce or increase
  • Money package defaults to £1,000
  • Loss of liquor licence – £100,000 as standard with the potential to increase as required
  • Business interruption – £500,000 gross revenue

Public House & Restaurant Policy Extras

Take out a policy that protects everything that’s important to you and add optional cover if necessary. We offer a range of optional extras if needed, including;

  • Stock cover for tobacco, wines and spirits
  • Buildings cover or tenant’s improvements
  • Cover for personal accident, fidelity, legal expenses and proprietors’ personal effects (hotels only)
  • Small unlicensed hotels up to 6 rooms
  • Contents cover circa £150,000 and stock cover circa £200,000

Insurance for restaurants covers against disruption

We have cover available that protects you against fire, flood damage and anything else that could seriously disrupt your business and its day to day operations. We understand how stressful it can be if you need to close your premises for any reason and we are on hand to offer professional and helpful advice.


Contact us today!

For a bespoke insurance quote on any policy, or for more information on the areas we cover, call us on:

  • Commercial: 01282858285
  • Personal: 01282858286

Or simply send your enquiry and we will get back in touch as soon as possible.